I'm a bit confused on "Git Init." I'm using Cloud9 for my projects. I had a previous project I worked on before that I cloned as a starting point for my new project. I'm currently in the process of pushing this new project to Heroku/Git. I do NOT want to override my previous project.
Current Steps taken:
- Cloned original project as a starting point for a new project
- Created new project with new code etc.
- Time to deploy. Created new Heroku link with heroku create
- Used git remote set-url heroku to change to new Heroku link
- Now I'm ready to push but don't want to override original project
Now I've done git add -A and checked git status
Here is my problem and concern for the new project's files it says "new files" but for my previous project's files it says "delete files"
new file: views/listings/show.ejs new file: views/listings/sold.ejs deleted: views/profile.ejs deleted: views/rentals/edit.ejs deleted: views/rentals/editprofile.ejs
I do not want to delete any files from my previous project I only want to create a new repo. I'm confused and concerned that if I push my new project I will delete my old project.
Any clarification is greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!