I am currently working on migrating an svn source controlled project into Git (BitBucket). I have followed the guide by Atlassian and nearly got to the end but encountered the following error when running the command git push -u origin --all:
No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing. Perhaps you should specify a branch such as 'master'. Everything up-to-date.
I believe this is because the SVN layout is not the standard layout. I have had to specify the trunk, branches and tags like so:
git svn clone --trunk=/main --branches=/branches/Sprints/Iteration_1 --branches=/branches/Sprints/Iteration_2 --tags=/tags --authors-file=authors.txt svn://svn-project/projExample projExample
But I cannot figure out how to proceed and push the repo to BitBucket. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
It is also worth noting that I have tried the command git push origin master and received the below error:
error: src refspec master does not match any. error: failed to push refs to '[my bitbucket origin]'.
An example of a previous question I have found is here. But this didn't seem to help. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?
Below are the commands in order run to get to the initial error described above:
- java -jar /svn-migration-scripts.jar verify
- java -jar /svn-migration-scripts.jar authors svn://svn-project/projExample > authors.txt
- Edit the authors.txt file to match all the current users names & emails.
- git svn clone --trunk=/main --branches=/branches/Sprints/Iteration_1 --branches=/branches/Sprints/Iteration_2 --tags=/tags --authors-file=authors.txt svn://svn-project/projExample projExample
- java -DFile.encoding=utf-8 -jar /svn-migration-scripts.jar clean-git --force
- git svn fetch
- java -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -jar /svn-migration-scripts.jar sync-rebase
- java -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -jar /svn-migration-scripts.jar clean-git --force
- git remote add origin https://firstname.lastname@example.org/projExample.git
- git push -u origin --all
- Nothing happens.